At 4 P.M. on Saturday, December 7, 2019, American Legion Paul Herrick Post 21 will honor its namesake with a ceremony at the Post located at 504 58th Street. Join us as we renew our Pledge of Allegiance, sing the National Anthem, and hear about the attack and the man the Post honors to this day. Additional live music will be performed along with the sounding of Taps by Bugles Across America. Light refreshments will be offered upon the conclusion of the ceremony.
I’ve been delinquent lately concerning updates to this website as I’ve been trying to rebuild it using more modern software. What I’m not to busy for though is to tip my hat to Tom Visintainer for organizing the various Veternans Day ceremonies that were held at the post this past week. It looks like the Kenosha News thought he did pretty good too because we got the front page. Big shout out to the Kenosha Area Vietnam Veterans Honor Guard and the active members who made it possible.
If you fall into one of these categories, check out the links in this article.
- Purple Heart recipients
- former prisoners of war
- Veterans with 0-90% service-connected disability ratings
Hey, that’s a good idea! Everyone at the post will be interested. I’ll send out a text message… and without thinking about it, off it goes, AT 10pm, oops. It sure is tempting to send a quick text message to your pals, but nobody want to hear about non emergencies after, say 8pm. I’m guilty as anyone, but maybe it’s time to make some rules. Any comments???
Nov 6 Wednesday
- 1:30 pm – Casa Del Mare (old St Catherines Hospital) Honoring the veterans that live there, 2- are 100 + years old and WWII veterans, Joesph Bilotti is 101, and I’m waiting on the Nurse’s name she is 100
Nov 8 Friday
- 2:00 pm – Parkside Manor, Veterans Ceremony
Nov 9 Saturday at Post 21
- 9:00 am – In the Hall, Shadow of our Fathers
- 10:00 -12:00 pm – 58 Below – Kenosha Today Radio Show Veterans Remembrance. (Brodcast area/Airtime Limited to Invitees)
- Noon – 2:00 Lunch and meet and greet with National Vice Commander.
Nov 10 Sunday
- 1:30 pm – Pleasant Prairie Veterans Memorial Prairie Springs Park Representatives form different Veterans Organizations attend
Nov 11 Monday
- 10:00 am – Post 21 Veterans Day Ceremony
- 11:00 am – Remembrance
- Lunch will follow.
Here’s a list of some of more Veterans day events this week…
Wednesday Nov. 6
Jeffery Elementary School Veterans Day Celebration and Reception
- When: Reception at 8 a.m. with assembly to follow at 8:30
- Where: 4011 87th St., Kenosha
- Note: The school would like to extend the invitation to all veterans. Coffee, juice and pastries will be served. For more details and to RSVP, please contact Mindy Duford at 262-515-3324 or Beth Pelc at email@example.com.
Friday Nov. 8
Christian Life School Veterans Day Program
- When: 9 to 10 a.m.
- Where: Journey Church Auditorium, 10700 75th St., Kenosha
- Note: Light reception to follow. Complimentary valet parking available for veterans. For more details about the program, please contact Mary-Kay at 262-694-3900.
Saturday Nov. 9
2019 Veterans Day Run
- When: 10:30 a.m.
- Where: UW-Parkside Sports Activity Building, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha
- Note: Packet pickup and same-day sign-up will be available at the UW-Parkside Sports Activity Building from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday Nov. 8, and the day of the event beginning at 8:30 a.m. The race will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- For more information and to signup, visit www.XCThrillogy.com.
Civil War Museum and Navy Club Ship 40 Veterans Day Celebration
- When: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: 5400 First Ave., Kenosha
- Note: Program and concert by the Brass Ambassadors from Navy Band Great Lakes. For more information, please call the Civil War Museum at 262-653-4141.
All About the Art’ Veterans Art Show
- When: 5 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Pollard Gallery, 518 56th St., Kenosha
- Note: Live music, art show, display of soldiers’ collections and refreshments. For more information, please contact Judy at 262-654-9030 or Bud at 262-359-9179.
Sunday Nov. 10
Village of Pleasant Prairie Veterans Day Ceremony
- When: 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Where: Pleasant Prairie Veterans Memorial in Prairie Springs Park, 9900 Terwall Terrace, Pleasant Prairie
- Note: Following the ceremony, lunch will be served in the Donald Wruck Beach Pavillion.
Monday Nov. 11
Prairie Lane Elementary
- When: Assemble at the school at 1:30. Instructions will be given and the assembly begains at 2:00.
- Where: 10717 47th Ave
- Note: Please call the school office at 262-359-3600 if you are able to attend. Enter at door #4. When you arrive, please give the staff your name, branch and years of service.
American Legion Post 21 Veterans Day Celebration
- When: 10 a.m. to noon.
- Where: 504 58th St., Kenosha
- Note: For more details and to RSVP, please contact Tom (Woody) Visintainer at 262-620-5646.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1865 Veterans Day activities
- When: 11 a.m., VFW initiation and presentation of the Cross of Malta to new members at 11:15 a.m., POW-MIA ceremony at 11:30 a.m., beef stew lunch at noon and flag retirement ceremony at 2 p.m.
- Where: 6618 39th Ave., Kenosha
- Note: For more details about the program, please contact Manny Salas at 262-488-7674.
Kenosha Area Vietnam Veterans Day Celebration
- When: noon
- Where: Library Park, 711 59th Place, Kenosha
- Note: For more details, please contact Richard Bowker at 262-694-1129
Central High School Veterans Day Celebration and Reception
- When: Reception for veterans at 1 p.m., followed by assembly from 2 to 2:45 p.m.
- Where: 24617 75th St., Paddock Lake
- Note: The school would like to extend the invitation to all veterans. Please RSVP by Nov. 4. For more details or to RSVP, please contact Nancy Switalla at 262-843-2321, ext. 382.
Salem Consolidated Grade School Veterans Day Program
- When: 2:15 p.m.
- Where: 8828 Antioch Road, Salem
- Note: The school would like to extend the invitation to all veterans. Music and refreshments will be provided. For more information, please contact Anna Nacker at 262-843-2356, ext. 125, or Judy Richter at 262-843-2356, ext. 645.