Information Technology, Public Relations, and Marketing Resources
As a member of the Department of Wisconsin Marketing and Communications Committee, I was tasked with teaching the following three courses.
- Wisconsin American Legion College – Effective Use of Social Media – March 2023
- Public Relations Toolkit How-To – Midwinter Conference 2023
- Fundamentals of Information Technology for Posts – Midwinter Conference 2022
Below you will find the slide decks for each of the classes. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or thoughts. You can contact me directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective use of Social Media
Public Relations Toolkit How-To
Here is the latest slide deck. I’ll be updating this from time to time.
Here are some of the links that were talked about..
- Department of Wisconsin’s PR Toolkit
- National has a PR Tool Kit Too!
- A limited number of hard copies are available by emailing PublicRelationsMailbox@legion.org
- How to use the Legion’s PR Toolkit
- The American Legion Publication Style Guide
- TALMA has their own PR Toolkit How-To class available (from which I borrowed!)
- Go down to Tuesday, March 29, 2022
- You might consider visiting TALMA – The American Legion Media Alliance. It’s where the Legion’s Professional Media folks hang out!
- Legiontown http://www.legiontown.org
- Check out this site for News and Articles you can use in your communications.
Fundamentals of Information Technology for Posts
The Presentation ” Fundamentals of IT for Posts” is a production of The American Legion, Department of Wisconsin, Marketing and Communications Committee.
If you have any questions about this presentation, contact Paul Ciarelli at email@example.com. Please use the Comment section freely.
Fundamentals of IT for Posts Presentation given on 2022 01 15: (Minor Updates)
This is the second set of slides that I created after I turned in the original for printing…
Raspberry Pi Computer Information
This is a technical version of the document that includes hardware upgrades for tinkerers. I’ll have a simplified version soon for an out of the box slideshow or “Spinner” as it’s sometimes called.
By-Law Change Suggestions for the addition of a Social Media Manager, and an Information Technology Manager.
The following file is the work of the Kenosha Paul Herrick Post 21 Bylaws Committee. It is currently a work in progress.
Here are some handouts and Job Aids that I’ve collected or created.
I mentioned the No-Touchy Legion Emblems at the presentation. Here is an article about them:
You can download the latest version of the emblems and the new brand mark here: https://www.legion.org/emblem/download
Odds and Ends:
American Legion Fonts and colors: (Learned during a TALMA Remote Presentation)
- American Legion Font: Cinzel
- NuLL Link in menus: #
- Legion Blue #24437d
- Legion Yellow #f6c63e
- SAL light blue #397ac3
- Gray #44505e
- Another light blue #0081c6
Link to the TALM Tips and Tricks pamphlet you get when you become a member: https://legion.org/documents/pdf/51MAG0420_TALMA_Tips_and_Tricks.pdf