If you missed the radio spot yesterday you missed some laughs and some learning. If you can make Lou say “I’m the one that tells the jokes around here” you got him! I think it’s pretty safe to say that we learned a bit about the post too. Here’s what I remember:
– We merged with a second post that was in the city, Post 29 in the 50’s.
– Post 29 was the group that originally honored Paul Herrick.
– A couple of cannon shaped brass flag holders, were stolen from us in the 70’s.
– The house where Paul Herrick grew up is still standing.
– Tom’s granddaughter made her mass market media debut. Congratulations Mya!
There was much more, but those were then highlights that I remember at the moment, that, and the fact that we wear our hats on our heads (good one Larry!).
Do you remember more? How about coming to the Pancake and Porky breakfast on August 31st and share your memories. There are a bunch of us new guys that would love to hear them!